17 Aug Zesty Tabbouleh with Halloumi & Pomegranate
Zesty Tabbouleh with Halloumi & Pomegranate
A quick and easy salad with minimal cooking of fluffy tabbouleh or giant couscous with blitzed broccoli, PEPPADEW® Yellow Piquanté Peppers, pomegranate, and seared halloumi dressed with a mix of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, mint and parsley.
For the salad:
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- 100g tabbouleh and quinoa mix, cooked as directed on the pack
- 80g pomegranate seeds
- 100g tinned sweetcorn, drained
- 6 PEPPADEW® Yellow Piquanté Peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 lemon, grated rind and juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 100g halloumi, sliced
- Finely chop the broccoli in a food processor (or by hand) and then blanch in boiling water for about 30 seconds. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Mix the broccoli with the tabbouleh and quinoa and stir in the remaining salad ingredients.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and stir into the salad.
- Preheat a griddle pan and sear the halloumi for about 1 minute turning halfway through cooking until lightly charred and slightly softened.
- Divide the salad between 2 serving plates, top with halloumi slices and serve.
Couscous can be used in place of tabbouleh and quinoa.
Lunch, dinner, picnics, parties, packed lunch.