17 Aug Yellow Piquanté Pepper & Avocado Layered Sourdough Toast
Yellow Piquanté Pepper & Avocado Layered Sourdough Toast
Lightly toasted sourdough topped with beetroot hummus, sliced avocado, sliced PEPPADEW® Yellow Piquanté Peppers and sliced vine tomatoes and crumbled feta, garnished with freshly cracked black pepper and a scattering of mixed seeds. For a vegan version, leave out the feta or replace with a vegan version.
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 60g beetroot houmous
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 1 large vine tomato, sliced
- 6 PEPPADEW® Yellow Piquanté Peppers, drained and sliced
- 25g feta cheese
- 2 tsp mixed seeds
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- Spread each slice of sourdough toast with houmous.
- Layer slices of avocado, tomato and Yellow Piquanté Peppers on top of the houmous and then crumble over the feta.
- Sprinkle with seeds, garnish with herbs and serve.
Beetroot houmous can be easily made by blitzing 50g plain boiled beetroot into 100g houmous.
For an alternative version replace the sourdough with a toasted bagel or muffin.
Breakfast, brunch, lunch, light meal.