17 Aug Roasted Little Gem Salad with Zingy Prawns
Roasted Little Gem Salad with Zingy Prawns
Roasted wedges of little gem lettuce, roast radish, seared fennel and crispy baby roast potatoes are mixed together and topped with juicy succulent fried prawns and chunks of PEPPADEW® Yellow Piquanté Peppers and drizzled with a fresh herb and lemon dressing.
- Oil, to coat
- 2 little gem lettuce, halved or quartered
- 200g radishes, halved
- 200g baby asparagus
- 1 small bulb of fennel cut into wedges
- 150g raw tiger prawns
- 200g new potatoes, parboiled and roasted until crisp and golden
- 8 PEPPADEW® Yellow Piquanté Peppers, drained and left whole
For the dressing:
- 1 lemon, rind and juice
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- Brush the cut side of the lettuce with a little oil and sear in a preheated griddle pan for about 30 seconds until lightly charred. Arrange in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle the radishes, asparagus and fennel with a little oil and sear for about 1-2 minutes until lightly charred. Add to the salad bowl.
- Cook the prawns in the griddle pan for a couple of minutes, turning during cooking until pink. Add to the salad with the potatoes and Yellow Piquanté Peppers.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together, drizzle over the salad and serve the remainder on the side.
Dinner, picnics, celebrations.