17 Aug The Ultimate Tuna Sandwich
The Ultimate Tuna Sandwich
A triple-layer sandwich of mixed grain bread topped with PEPPADEW® Yellow Piquanté Peppers, blitzed with mayonnaise, mixed with drained canned tuna, capers and cucumber slices and a layer of sliced boiled egg, lettuce, and slivers of anchovy. Stacked and served, sliced into fingers or wedges.
- 5 PEPPADEW® Yellow Piquanté Peppers, diced
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 6 slices multigrain bread
- 110g canned tuna, drained
- 1 tsp capers
- ¼ cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1 large egg, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
- 4 anchovies
- Blitz the Yellow Piquanté Peppers with the mayonnaise in a food processor (or finely chop by hand and mix with the mayonnaise) and spread onto each slice of bread.
- Mix the tuna and capers into the remaining Yellow Piquanté Pepper mayonnaise.
- To assemble the sandwiches; lay the cucumber ribbons onto 2x slices of bread and top each slice with tuna, place on a second slice of bread (mayonnaise side up) and top with lettuce, egg and anchovies. Cover with a third slice of bread (mayonnaise side down). Portion and serve.
Lunch, picnics, parties.