21 Sep Smoky Bean & Yellow Piquanté Pepper Baked Eggs
Smoky Bean & Peppadew® Yellow Piquanté Pepper Baked Eggs
This easy one-pan brunch recipe features borlotti and white beans in a smoky tomatoey sauce studded with sweet, tangy PEPPADEW® Yellow Piquanté Peppers – topped with salty feta, fresh herbs and oozy baked eggs. Created by: @healthy_olivia
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 400g borlotti beans
- 500g Bold Bean Co organic white beans
- 800g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Dr Wills BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 200g spinach
- 400g PEPPADEW® Yellow Piquanté Peppers (140g drained)
- 4 Clarence Court eggs
- Fresh chives
- 100g feta
- Maldon salt
- Start by slicing your red onion. Dice your garlic. Drain and rinse your beans. Finely chop your chives. Drain and dice 2/3 of the Yellow Piquanté Peppers.
- Over a medium heat, cook your onions in light olive oil until soft. Add your garlic and cook for 1 minute. Next, add your paprika, cumin and chilli flakes. Cook for 2 minutes. Add your diced Yellow Piquanté Peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, add your borlotti beans, white beans, chopped tomatoes, BBQ sauce and tomato purée. Stir. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir through your spinach until wilted, then season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Using a spoon, create 4 wells in your beans and carefully crack in your eggs. Cover with a lid and cook until the egg whites are fully cooked – approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry your remaining Yellow Piquanté Peppers in a griddle pan until charred.
- Top your eggs with the charred peppers, fresh chives and a sprinkling of feta. Enjoy!
Serve with flatbread or toasted sourdough.