20 Dec Bombay Potatoes With Poached Eggs and Red Piquanté Peppers
Bombay Potatoes With Poached Eggs and Red Piquanté Peppers
Elevated potatoes with vibrant Bombay flavours and PEPPADEW® Red Piquanté Peppers, creating a delicious twist that pairs well with a poached egg.
A flavoursome way to enjoy brunch or lunch.
- 3x large potatoes (around 900g in total), halved
- 15g root ginger, peeled weight
- ½tsp honey or maple syrup (to balance the acidity)
- 3x garlic cloves, peeled
- 4x medium tomatoes, quartered, the other cut into wedges
- 1x jar PEPPADEW® Red Piquanté́ peppers
- 4tbsp rapeseed oil
- ¾tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp black mustard seeds
- 1x large red onion, roughly chopped
- 3tsp turmeric
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp garam masala
- ½-¾tsp chilli powder
- Large handful of chopped coriander leaves
- Salt, to taste
- 4-6 poached eggs, to serve
A simple and flavoursome fibre-filled dish for weekday lunches or dinners. Made with canned chickpeas, breadcrumbs, Italian spices and smoky paprika. The PEPPADEW® Red Piquanté Peppers add colour and a flavour kick with each bite.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and salt it well. Place in the potatoes and boil until just tender (up to 30 minutes). When cool enough to handle, peel and chop into 2.5cm cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the cumin and mustard seeds, coriander, masala, chilli powder and turmeric. Cook spices in onion for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked cubed potatoes, stir well and cook for 5 minutes to absorb all the flavours.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside, allowing the spices to infuse into the onions and potatoes.
- Now move on to making red pepper and tomato sauce. Blend the tomato wedges, half a jar of PEPPADEW® Red Piquanté́ Peppers, garlic ginger and ½ tsp honey or maple syrup together to form a blended sauce.
- Put the marinated onions and potatoes pan back on the heat and cook for 2 minutes, before adding the red pepper ginger sauce.
- Stir the sauce in and bring to a gentle simmer. Add some sliced and whole PEPPADEW® Red Piquanté́ Peppers and coriander herb.
Serve warm with a fried or poached egg for the perfect spicy brunch.