13 Dec Spiced Salmon Flatbreads with Yellow Piquanté Pepper Tzatziki
Spiced Salmon Flatbreads with Yellow Piquanté Pepper Tzatziki
Spicy salmon cubes served on a refreshing Yellow Piquanté Pepper tzatziki bed. This dish is packed full of healthy proteins; crisp red and white cabbage adds some crunch and sweet-sour notes can be enjoyed with each bite from the Yellow Piquanté Peppers.
- 500g Skinless Salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 4 -6 Flatbreads
- 1/2 Red cabbage
- 1/2 White cabbage
- 1/2 Jar Yellow Piquanté peppers (Some sliced and some kept whole)
- 1 Red onion
- Bunch of Fresh Coriander
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- 1/2 Jar Yellow Piquanté peppers
- 1 large Cucumber
- 300g Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Cut the Skinless salmon fillets into approx 3 cm cubes.
- Line a greaseproof tray or tin, and sprinkle the smoked paprika and cayenne pepper onto the tray. Add the salmon cubes and mix to combine the spices with the salmon. Set aside in the fridge until needed (This could be marinated the night before for more flavour)
- To prepare the tzatziki, grate the whole cucumber into a bowl. Add the grated cucumber to a clean tea towel. Squeeze the towel to remove any access juice from the cucumber, then set aside until needed. Add the Greek yoghurt to a fine sieve and leave the sieve to drain over a clean empty bowl for a few hours or prepare the night before and leave to drain overnight in the fridge. Slice half of the Yellow Piquanté peppers into small slices.
- Bring the tzatziki together by combining the minced garlic, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil with the drained Greek yoghurt. Stir in the grated cucumber and sliced Yellow Piquanté peppers. Season the tzatziki with salt and pepper. Slice the red onion, red and white cabbage
- When ready to serve the flatbreads, pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Bake the salmon for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Warm the flatbreads on a griddle pan or in the oven for a few minutes. Add a tbsp of tzatziki to the warm flatbreads, layer each flatbread with white and red cabbage, 4 -6 pieces of cooked spicy salmon cubes and a few slices of red onion.
- Finish this with sliced and whole Yellow Piquanté peppers. Season with coriander herb and lime wedges.
Squeeze the wedge of lime juice over the flatbreads