18 Dec Roasted Red Pepper Cod Thai Curry
Roasted Red Pepper Cod Thai Curry
A hearty, vibrant Unami sauce broth with PEPPADEW® Roasted Red Peppers, poured over vegetables, cooked meat, or a piece of cod fish.
- 20g mild dried red chillies (e.g., guajillo or puya) cut into ½-inch chunks
- 10g spicy fresh small red chillies
- ½tsp black peppercorns
- 1tsp coarse salt
- 1x stalk lemongrass, bottom half only, thinly sliced
- 15g finely chopped galangal
- 4x cilantro roots
- 2x lime skins
- 6x garlic cloves, chopped
- 70g chopped shallots
- 2tsp red vegan miso
- 3x lime leaves
- 400g coconut milk
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 4x PEPPADEW® Roasted Red Peppers (extra for garnishing)
- 3-6 portions of cod (or cooked vegetables or meat of choice)
- White sesame seeds
- Coriander to garnish.
Using the classic Thai curry flavours, this hearty rich Unami sauce is made all the more flavoursome with the addition of PEPPADEW® Roasted Red Peppers. Pour this vibrant broth over vegetables, cooked meat, or a perfectly cooked piece of fish like cod.
- Add the dried chillies, peppercorns and salt into the grinder. Grind into a fine powder and set aside.
- Place the chopped fresh chillies and salt into the pestle and mortar, pound to a smooth paste.
- Place the chopped lemongrass, cilantro roots, and lime skin into the pestle and mortar and continue to grind.
- Top it off with the garlic and shallots and continue to pound the mixture.
- Add the dried chillies and pound until well combined, then add the red miso paste and pound to mix.
- Move the smooth red curry paste to a small blender, add between 3-4 PEPPADEW® Roasted Red Peppers and blend for a few seconds until the peppers have been blended thoroughly into the paste.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, place the cod on a heat-proof tray with a drizzle of oil and cook in the oven for approx. 10-12 minutes. Remove and set aside until needed.
- Prepare the Roasted Pepper Thai curry broth by heating the coconut milk in a large pan. Once the coconut milk starts to bubble, add 5-6 tbsp of the Roasted Pepper curry paste and stir in.
- Add the lime leaves, followed by the vegetable stock, and allow to simmer.
- Slice a PEPPADEW® Roasted Red Pepper into thin slices.
- When ready to serve, add a piece of the cooked cod to a bowl, sprinkle some white sesame seeds, and a few sliced PEPPADEW® Roasted Red Peppers to the bowl. Pour the broth over the cod and add more sliced roasted red peppers and coriander leaves to garnish.