10 Dec CHICKEN SKEWERS
Great to PEP UP your BBQ’s.
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Knob of fresh ginger roughly chopped
- 1 orange grated zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 24 PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Whole or Hot Whole
- 8 small skinless boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- Start by making a quick marinade for the chicken thighs. Whizz the garlic, ginger, orange juice & zest, honey, soya sauce and oil with a stick blender.
- Pour over the chicken thighs and marinade for 20 – 30 minutes.
- To make the kebabs: thread the chicken, onion and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers onto the wooden skewers, then cook on a griddle pan or over a barbecue for 7 – 8 minutes each side or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and golden brown. Turn the kebabs frequently and baste with the marinade from time to time until evenly cooked.
- Serve with a green salad
Serve with a fresh salad.