09 Dec Guo Bao & Ginger Pulled Pork
GUO BAO WITH GINGER PULLED PORK
- 12 Steamed buns (from the local Chinese market)
- 1kg pre-cooked pulled pork
Sauce for the pork:
Cooking time: 10 minutes (excluding time to prepare pulled pork)
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- ½ cup ginger beer
- 1 Tbsp ginger, freshly grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- ½ cup cabbage, sliced
- ½ cup cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup carrot, sliced
- ½ cup PEPPADEW® Hot Piquanté Peppers Whole
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Coriander for garnish
- In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, soya sauce and sugar together.
- Add the cabbage, cucumber, carrot and PEPPADEW® Hot Piquanté Peppers to the sauce, mix well and leave to rest.
- In another bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the pulled pork sauce.
- Add the pre-cooked pulled pork to the sauce and mix well.
- Fill the steamed buns with a heaped spoonful of salad, add the pulled pork and garnish with coriander.
Use Pulled Chicken as a replacement for the Pork