Looking for easy BBQ ideas? You’ll love this delicious recipe for Vegetarian Skewers. Colourful veggie, halloumi and PEPPADEW® Piquanté Peppers skewers with a home-made tapenade. Serves 6.
12 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water
Small bunch mint, chopped
6 pieces thyme
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large courgettes, cut into 1 cm rounds
1 pineapple, cut into cubes
4 brown mushrooms, quartered
12 PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Whole or Hot Whole
225 g pack halloumi cheese, cubed
INGREDIENTS FOR THE TAPENADE
10 PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Whole or Hot Whole
20 pitted black olives
20 pitted green olives
1 clove garlic
50 ml olive oil
METHOD FOR THE MARINADE
- Mix the mint, thyme, lemon zest and juice and oil. Toss in the halloumi & vegetables in the marinade.
- While the vegetables are in the marinade, soak 12 wooden skewers in cold water.
METHOD FOR THE TAPENADE
- Whizz the tapenade ingredients in a food processor or crush by hand in a pestle and mortar. Set aside.
METHOD FOR THE SKEWERS
- Thread the rounds of courgettes, pineapple cubes, quartered brown mushrooms, PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers and cubed halloumi cheese.
- Cook on a barbecue or under a grill for 7 – 8 minutes, turning halfway through and basting with the remaining marinade.
Serve warm on a pita bread topped with the tapenade.