400 g parsnip, peeled and cut into chunks
600 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
100 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Whole
60 ml olive oil, plus a drizzle to serve
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp ground nutmeg
100 g flour
2 tbsp dry yeast
½ small pack thyme, leaves picked, to serve
30 g walnuts, toasted and chopped, to serve
- Heat oven to 220 C. Toss the parsnips, PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers and potatoes in 2 tbsp of the olive oil and tip into a roasting tin along with the garlic cloves.
- Roast for 40 mins or until the veg is completely soft. Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little.
- Add everything into a food processor, along with the nutmeg, flour and yeast, season well, then pulse until well combined and holding together as a dough.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface, cut into four chunks and roll each into a sausage about 35 cm long and 2.5 cm wide.
- Use the back of a table knife to cut each sausage into small pillow-shaped gnocchi, each around 2 cm long.
- Cook the gnocchi in batches for 1 min or until they float to the surface. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- In a frying pan, heat the rest of the oil over a medium heat until shimmering.
- Add half the gnocchi and fry until lightly golden on each side, around 3-4 mins. Transfer them to a tray using a slotted spoon while you cook the second batch.
When all the gnocchi are golden, return them all to the pan to warm through before dividing between four plates. Sprinkle over some black pepper, then top with the thyme leaves, toasted walnuts and a drizzle of olive oil, if you like.
Can be served with a napolitana sauce