2 loaves white bread cut into cubes
750 g fresh chestnuts, cooked
¾ cup butter
4 small onions diced
1 bunch celery cut, sliced
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
5 cups chicken stock
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 cup PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Whole or Mild Chopped
3 cups chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Freshly ground pepper
- Spread bread cubes in single layers on baking sheets. Let dry at room temperature, uncovered, overnight.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and celery cook until onions are translucent.
- Add sage; cook 3 minutes. Stir in ½ cup stock; cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl.
- Add remaining 4 ½ cups stock, the chestnuts, bread, salt, PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers and parsley.
Use stuffing for chicken roulade or roast chicken