1 tbsp olive oil
small bunch thyme
2 bay leaves
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove chopped
1 kg celeriac peeled and chopped
200 g potato chopped
100 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Whole
1 L veg stock
100 ml cream
50 g blanched hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
1 tbsp truffle oil, plus an extra drizzle to serve
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over a low heat. Tie the thyme sprigs and bay leaves together with a piece of string and add them to the pan with the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 10 mins until softened but not coloured.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 min more, then tip in the celeriac, PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers and potato. Give everything a good stir and season with a big pinch of salt and white pepper.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for around 30 mins until the vegetables are completely soft.
- Discard the herbs, then stir through the cream, remove from the heat and blitz until completely smooth.
- Stir through ½ tbsp truffle oil at a time and taste for seasoning – the strength of the oil will vary, so it’s better to start with less oil and add a little at a time.
- To serve, reheat the soup until piping hot, then ladle into bowls and top with the hazelnuts, some black pepper and an extra drizzle of truffle oil.
Toasted slices focaccia