1 ½ cups fresh bread crumbs
2 teaspoons thyme leaves
6 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons butter
1 kg baby brussels sprouts
Salt and pepper
180 g pancetta diced
3 tablespoons onion diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
½ cup balsamic vinegar
½ cup vegetable or chicken stock
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 cup PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Whole
- Heat oven to 200 C.
- In a bowl, mix bread crumbs and thyme with ¼ cup olive oil, and spread on a cookie sheet.
- Toast, tossing frequently, until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat butter and remaining olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat until foamy.
- Add brussels sprouts, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and sauté.
- Add diced pancetta, and sauté, tossing frequently, until sprouts are well browned and softened slightly, and pancetta is crisp.
- Reduce heat add onions and garlic, and sauté.
- Increase heat to high, add balsamic vinegar and stock, and cook, until sprouts are glazed and tender.
- Add PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers and stir well.
- Add seasoning if necessary, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Transfer to a warm serving bowl and scatter bread crumbs on top.
Remove pancetta for a vegetarian option